Chartered Accountants, as the hefty term suggests, are leading business professionals, recognized around the world as experts in finance, accountancy, audit and tax. There is no question about the vast variety of opportunities awaiting young and fruitful as well as old and experienced chartered accountants. If you feel like you want to pursue this prestigious course but do not want to blindly hit the road, you have landed yourself at the right place. You will find chartered accountants working in every part of the economy, providing advice and financial expertise that informs and guides the managements engaged in various industries.
The professional title of a Chartered Accountant is earned from and awarded by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on successful completion of the course.
The course of Chartered Accountancy is divided into 4 steps:
- CA Foundation (4 papers)
- CA Intermediate (8 papers)
- Articleship Training (3 years)
- CA Final (8 papers)
Comprehensive Study Material
App to Track Performance
Mocks and Exams
It is nothing but a well-known fact that CA is not a piece of cake. CA requires a lot of hard work, CA is like walking on the bed of burning charcoals, CA requires burning the midnight oil, CA takes out the life within you, CA makes everything seem monotonous are few amongst the millions and millions of woes raised against this professional course by its aspirants. If this is the case, then why should anybody voluntarily take up this tedious course?
CA, over and above the social status and prestige associated with the 2 letters, has a wide range of benefits, both personal and professional, associated with it. With respect to your professional life, CA has the following prominent benefits:
- Stability: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India was set up by an act of the parliament and only CAs have the right to do statutory audits of companies. Hence, the job conditions and availability are not compromised by the prevalent conditions of the economy.
- Low Initial Investment: Focusing on the financial aspect brings us to the low cost associated with doing the Chartered Accountancy course. The course fee structure is very low compared to all other courses available in the market and is worth pursuing considering the heavy return on investment.
- Status: The tag “CA” highlights honour and respect. The societal appreciation and status associated with the course is high enough to make you feel like you’re on top of the world.
- Versatility: The versatility of areas in which a CA can expertise in gives a boost to the pros of the course. CAs can work not only in the field of audit, but also in fields of tax, financial advisory, management, accounting, investment banking, consultation, information system audit etc.
- Early Experience: 3 years of mandatory articleship develops your interpersonal and technical skills at an exponential rate. The level of exposure and experience you can potentially get in the corporate world also significantly increases because of the “CA” tag you hold.
- Holistic Presence: You will find chartered accountants working in every part of the economy, providing advice and financial expertise that informs and guides the managements engaged in various industries.
- Knowledge: The course curriculum is designed in such a way that it gives the students vast and deep-rooted knowledge about a variety of subjects ranging from accountancy, audit, tax, legal laws and financial management.
CA Foundation eligibility is only 10+2 class. A student who has appeared in the Class 12 examination may register for CA Foundation Course. If you have completed your graduation, you need not require to register for CA Foundation Course. Graduates are exempted from CA Foundation registration. They may directly register for CA Intermediate Course.
After registration you have to complete at least 4 months study period.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) conducts CA Foundation exams twice every year – May and November.
Eligibility for Registration in CA Foundation Course 2019
As per newly inserted Regulation 25E in the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, you have to fulfill the following criteria to register yourself for the Foundation Course of ICAI. That means you will be eligible for registration in CA Foundation Course if you have:
1) Appeared in 12th Class Exam:
Senior Secondary (10+2) i.e. Higher Secondary (HS) Examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India; or
2) Appeared in 10+2 Equivalent Exam:
An examination recognised by the Central Government (CG) or the State Government (SG) as equivalent to 12th Class examination for the purpose of admission to graduation course.
Note: Scroll down to see, we have listed all examinations which are equivalent to 10+2 class exams.
Register with ICAI:
You have to register with the Board of Studies (BOS) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India on or before the following last date:
For May term of CA Foundation Exam: 31st day of December Last Year.
For December term of CA Foundation Exam: 30th day of June of Current Year.
Following are the cut-off date for appearing in the respective CA Foundation examinations:
Last Date for Registration
To Appear for Foundation Exams
|30-June-2019||November 2019 Exam|
May 2020 Exam
November 2020 Exam
May 2021 Exam
November 2021 Exam
May 2022 Exam
“A vision without a strategy is an illusion”. On this note, you need to understand the importance of having a clear-cut strategy especially for challenging exams like CA foundation. Cracking CA Foundation comes with a few simple pre-requisites like:
Preparing well and thoroughly understanding the concepts.
Studying consistently and sticking to the time-table.
Preparing revision notes.
Focusing on presentation skills and more.
This article gives you a detailed approach/strategy for your exam preparation. So, if you are clueless about where to start and how to start, you have come to the right place.
- Go to https://www.arivupro.com/admission and Fill-Up the Admission Form
- Pay an Advance of Rs 5,000 to Book your Seat (Limited Number of Students per Class)
- ArivuPro Academic Coordinator verifies the Admission Form and Sends a confirmation of admission through Email ID provided.
- Last Step is Important one Attend Classes as scheduled and Study Regularly