CMA(USA) exam is termed as one of the most valuable Professional Course worldwide. It is offered by IMA(Institute of Management Accountants). The CMA (USA) Certification comprises of a Single level of Examination which is divided into two parts ie Part 1 and Part 2.
Most Commonly questions that CMA(USA) candidates ask us about the CMA(USA) Exam are “How is my exam score Determined?’’ and “What percentage of questions I need to get correct in order to pass?’’ Thus, We at Arivupro Academy aim to provide details about as to how your marks are determined and a complete structure of CMA(USA) Exam to all the CMA(USA) candidates.
WHAT IS THE EXAM STRUCTURE FOR CMA EXAM?
The CMA(USA) Exam is divided into 2 sections :
· First section -100 multiple choice questions (MCQs) .Duration of 3 Hours, that are 75% of your final score. CMA(USA) Candidates should note that there is NO NEGATIVE MARKING and this an advantage for you, if you are not sure with correct option. So Please go ahead and attempt all the questions irrespective of whether you are sure not. At least there’s a chance of 25% Of getting a correct answer than a 0% if you don’t attempt a question.
· Two essay questions that are 25% of your final score. Duration of 30 minutes per essay. Each essay question will be made up of smaller individual questions based on the facts given.
· To get to the essay questions you are required to get at least 50% of the MCQs Right.
HOW IS THE EXAM GRADED ?
· Your result as to pass or fail won’t be determined right after exam ,as ICMA(Institute of Cost and Management Accountants) grades the essays questions offline and this takes a longer period of time.
· Further, the ICMA performs sample grading first to ensure that they account for every solution. Throughout the grading process, reviewers check the grades. And, after the grading is complete, the reviewers conduct an additional review of exams that are on the border of passing.
· Your exam result shall be released after 6 weeks from the date of CMA USA examination was held.
HOW IS MY RESULT DETERMINED ?
· MCQ- first section, that has the weightage of 75% of the overall score,
· ESSAY- Second section, has the weightage of 25% of the overall score.
· The above mentioned sections are evaluated on a scale of 0-500.The benchmark score that you have to get is 360 ie 72%,that is the minimum marks that you have to get but this only doesn’t satisfy the criteria of passing.
· Since all the CMA(USA) Candidates are given different “form” of exam. ICMA assesses the level of difficulty in comparison to an average level of exam. However, the difference between the difficulty and easy is determined by two to three questions.
WHAT PERCENTAGE OF MARKS DO I NEED TO GET IN ORDER TO PASS ?
· You need to get at least 70% of the points overall between the MCQs and the essays in order to pass.
· The best strategy is to aim for 75% of the points, and then you do not need to worry about anything related to the difficulty of your exam, scaled score, or that you may fail the exam because of one question.
In Conclusion, ArivuPro Academy suggests you to work on your every day study targets and practice as many questions for the parts ie Part 1 and Part 2 and for more details on how to Clear CMA USA in first attempt. CLICK HERE.