ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CMA CERTIFICATION
- Active membership in IMA (Institute of Management Accountants)
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or a related professional certification
- Two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management, which can be completed after passing the exam, but are required as a final step to obtain the certification.
- Passing Parts 1 and 2 of the CMA exams.
3 STEPS TO CMA
1. Candidates should enrol for the CMA Program through the IMA website by paying a membership fee. Click here.
2. After enrolling as a CMA Candidate, you must pay the examination fees (valid for 3 years) in order to register for the exam.
3. Once you clear both the parts of the exam, review the requirements (education and work experience) to becoming certified and prepare to submit your supporting documents.
Candidates for CMA certification must complete all required examination parts.
Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control
(4 hours – 100 multiple choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
Financial Decision Making
(4 hours – 100 multiple-choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
You will have 3 hours to complete the multiple-choice section and one hour to complete the essays. The essays will be presented after you have completed the multiple-choice section of the exam.
Note: Once you complete and exit the multiple-choice section of the exam, you cannot go back.
You must remain in the essay section to complete the exam. The essay section consists of 8-10 written response or calculation questions based on two scenarios, describing a typical business situation.
Passing Criteria: You must answer at least 50% of the multiple-choice questions correctly to be eligible to take the essay section. The minimum passing score is 360 for both parts of the exam.
CMA EXAM CENTRES
Exams are administered through the worldwide network of Prometric Testing Centres and are available in accordance with local customs. There are many locations throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Pick your testing window. Exams are offered according to the following schedule (3 testing windows each year):
- January and February
- May and June
- September and October
Register for the exam at www.imaonlinestore.com
Receive your authorization number(s) along with further instructions.
Schedule your exam appointment(s) with Prometric, our testing partner, at www.prometric.com/ICMA
All CMA candidates have three years to pass both parts of the exam. The time period will begin with the date of your entry into the CMA program. In case you cross the time limit, you will lose any previous passed scores and will need to register for the exam again.
For Professional Members:
CMA Entrance Fee (non-refundable) $250
Exam Fee $415 per part
For Student/Academic Members:
CMA Entrance Fee (non-refundable) $188
Exam Fee $311 per part