Foundation level-qualifications comprise certificates and diplomas which you can achieve along the way to transferring onto the ACCA Qualification. This will help keep you motivated and mark your progress.
You will also need to complete a professionalism and ethics module called Foundations in Professionalism before you can be awarded any of the Foundation-level qualifications.
You can apply online at any time of the year. You just need to upload all your supporting documents. An approximate time gap of at least six weeks is required for your form to be processed and to be given your student number. The student number is required at the time of application for the exam.
DETAILED COURSE STRUCTURE
ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2)
FA1 Recording Financial Transactions
MA1 Management Information
ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 3)
FA2 Maintaining Financial Records
MA2 Managing Costs and Finance
ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4)
FAB Accountant in Business
FMA Management Accounting
FFA Financial Accounting
Foundation in Professionalism
'Foundations in Professionalism' is an online, interactive module. It'll help you understand what it means to act professionally and ethically at work. You'll need to complete this module in order to receive certificates for the foundations and CAT awards.
You can complete Foundations in Professionalism before or after completing your Foundation-level exams, at your own pace.
Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) Qualification
CAT is a technician-level qualification. To achieve this award, you will need to complete foundation-level qualifications and also:
1. One year's relevant practical experience in an accounting role to show you can use your knowledge from the exams in the workplace.
2. The 'Foundations in Professionalism' module
3. Two additional specialist exams as follows:
· FTX - Foundations in Taxation
· FFM - Foundations in Financial Management
· FAU - Foundations in Audit
Application for the exams
On demand computer-based exams (CBEs) are available for the first seven exam papers at the Foundation level (but not for the specialist papers – FTX, FTM, FAU). You can sit these at any time of the year. Simply find a CBE centre and pay them directly for the exams you wish to sit.
How long will it take to complete the Foundation Level Qualification?
From taking your first exam up to the higher-level exams could take less than one year. However, it’s up to you how quickly you want to progress as there is no time limit.
Awards on completion
· ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2)
· ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 3)
· ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4)
· ACCA Certificate in Audit (RQF Level 4)
· ACCA Certificate in Taxation (RQF Level 4)
· ACCA Certificate in Financial Management (RQF Level 4)
Registration and Subscription Fees:
· Initial Registration (a one-time fee that students must pay when registering with ACCA) - £79
· Re-registration (for students who failed to pay fees on due dates) - £79
· Annual Subscription fee - £105
An exam entry fee must be paid for each exam you enter.
The first 7 exams are only available as on-demand CBEs. You are required to contact your CBE centre to book for the same.
Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) Qualification fees:
December 2019 early entry - £80 (Closes 12 August 2019)
December 2019 standard entry - £84 (Closes 28 October 2019)
December 2019 late entry - £257 (Closes 4 November 2019)
After you complete the ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4) you can transfer onto the ACCA Qualification. You can claim exemption for the Applied Knowledge exams, because you will have already passed them at the diploma level. You can then continue your journey with us on the ACCA Qualification.